Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Week Flew!

It has been a few days since I got here! I don't know where the week has gone. Yesterday we had ice to welcome the day. Here is a picture I took in the morning before work and then I took one in the evening while the sun was starting to come out. I love ice on the trees.




Aren't they beautiful? It never got icy on the roads, so we had school.
Then I took this the other day of Bill. He is my helper with all chores. He loves to sit by the sink when I wash dishes and just watch. He is so sweet!


According to the weather this afternoon, we might get some real snow. All I can say is it is about time! Next week our 4th grade class is going to the Pennsylvania Farm Show. It always promises to be a cold and possibly snowy week. I hope the snow doesn't come the day we are supposed to go as we can't reschedule it. I'm excited. Every year they have a butter sculpture for viewing and this year it is supposed to be a 900 lb. sculpture. I will take pictures to share with you.
Barring no problems Brian should graduate on the 20th of January. His speech grade isn't too good, so keep your fingers crossed he can get it up! Then he will work for the next 6 months before he leaves for boot camp June 8th. 6 months from today he will ship out. Oh how I am not ready for him to leave the nest! I thought I was, but I really am not.
Well have a good nite!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Laura! The ice does look so beautiful on the trees! That butter sculpture should be fun to see. About The Bachelor... I knew DeAnna was going to show up. I hope he kicks her to the curb. She really made him think she was going to pick him and then she goes for the goiofy snowboarder. Hope he can find someone better in that group- the girl he gave the first impression rose to seemed a little classier than some of the others! (((Hugz)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great photos, the icy trees are so pretty, a butter sculpture sounds perfect for your area, will you go see it? Bill is too cute, the way he closes his eyes for the flash. I can imagine how hard to is to have the children leave, you're in my thoughts. Big hugs

    ReplyDelete